Friday, June 13, 2008

the poltics of the day


I always had money. Billions. You grow up like that you get one of two ways... you buy into the class around you, or you reject it like fire. I grew out my hair and started smoking weed at eight, buying it off the son of one of our gardners at a ridiculous price. Around twelve I found my dad's stash and pinched off of him until he caught me.

I later found out he was all into coke and eight balls and mistresses that he kept in three countries. Being raised mostly by my sisters and mom, I learned something dad never did -- unconditional love for a woman that is all entangled with loyalty and honor and all the shit that keeps people monogamous. Doesn't matter. I gave up on relationships around twenty one, when all the women, no matter how good, were either dazzled by my wealth or from a similar background as myself and expecting me to straighten up into a serious husband.

When I joined the marines, my father immediantly called the president, Reagen at the time, and sent it down through the ranks that I was supposed to be kept safe. They tried to put me in an office. I out manuvered them, bribed my way into the Seals.

My security oath requires that I keep most of my government acitivity a secret. I am already charged with enough offenses to send me to jail for the rest of my natural life; the last thing I need is more shit about me being brought in front of this jury; if they knew what I did for the government, they would see me alone, not the people who gave the orders.... I would pay for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, getting a set of orders hideous and revolting.

This isn't what I am in jail for, which is I suppose what you want to hear about... the missons I took my private on, the countries we destabilized, the causes we aided as we traveled this planet like warrior monks of old.

We looked at ourselves as the freer of oppressors, borderless warriors ready to blitzkreig into any hell. Their devotion shows in the fact that they have split into various armies now and are operating in four countries as I sit here. The United States came after us when we stopped a cia coup. We didn't even know who was behind the hit. We were there because a democratically elected leader was being pushed out in a coup and that shit pisses us off. Period.

Like when we hit DARFUR and stepped on chinese toes and they launched a cyber attack that cut off our communications for a few days, we were doing what was right no matter who was behind the shit. I am here for breaking the laws of international sovereinty... and let me tell you, we are the future. The corporations have had their armies long enough. Why shouldn't citizens fund forays into slave markets and rescuing poeple? I inherited all this money while I was fighting in Somalia. When we pulled out... well, if you had seen the chaos, the malnurishment.. they were running up to our half tracks and trucks, trying to steal our meals. We killed them and still they came. The body count over there, for some of us...

We left behind a lot of contacts who were hunted down and shot, famalies and all. I would have went right back in, if I had had the forces backing me up.

Eight years of military, five years working special op's, a billion dollars and a boring life spent worrying ... about my fellow soldiers, the rise of the fundamentalist terrorists, nukes in the middle east, Bush's blood lusts... I smoked a lot of weed for a few weeks, layed around my pool. Had a lot of military buddies stay that summer. A couple were going back into the shit. As I watched them leave, I could see a purpose to their step that I rememembered. Not that I envyed them. Driving down a street pocked with bombs watching for suicide bombers and snipers in an urban environment can break a man down quick.




going to jail for all of my natural life, should I escape hanging... so, I don't need any more charges.

No comments: