Sunday, April 6, 2008

amazon warrior sent to me this poem


special guest poet.... AMAZON WARRIOR

28/02/07
8:28 PM


Special guest poet.... DREAMING IN BLUE is how I have known her during our writing back and forth and dreaming up better worlds. I love reading her life. THERE is an over coming of adversities, as well as hope... in a life that has take some strangly erotic and yet quite polite turns. I feel better about myself that she calls me a freind... that is about the nicest thing I can think to say to her...

http://dreamingnblue.ebloggy.com/

I scan the shelves seeking wisdom--
in the words of others,
Dreamers and Prophets
Older, wiser, more aware than myself--
to quiet the cacophony in my head. . .
To still the chaotic rumblings
beneath the complacent shell of my everyday,
Voices echo from every title, page, index. . .
"You cannot UN-know, Truth-- you can deny--
lie to yourself,
Paint on the polished veneer of the civilized animal
domesticated, tied to the stake,
roll over, show your throat and belly,
whine and cower--
but when the time comes,
When Greed and Malice and Hate come to grind
the bones of your most cherished
to pulp and powder,
Will you stand and watch--
or raise tooth and nail--
torch and pen-- to see a different tomorrow?
Your visions were not false,
Your dreams did not lead you astray--
only deeper into the primordial Question-waters,
Your blood and the blood of generations before you--
calls you to this. . .
Listen. Do you hear the drums?"






Maria at 28/02/07 1:10 AM | 0 comments

No comments: